Avène Eau Thermale Soothing Moisture Mask Review


This product is not at all what I expected it to be, as from the directions and the reviews I had found online, I believed it to be quite a thick face mask.  However, it is instead a thin formula very similar to a light moisturiser that you are to build up to a thicker amount.  The directions are to apply a thick layer all over the face, which feels very wasteful when you’re applying as it appears to go on very thin, and there isn’t a lot of product for the price you’re paying. The instructions say to apply it thickly, wait about 15 minutes and then remove the excess with a cotton pad.  I waited about 20 minutes and thought there would be a lot of excess left as it still felt quite heavy on the skin, but when I looked into the mirror it had almost completely absorbed!  I wiped a cotton pad over my face just to remove any leftover product, but there wasn’t much, so clearly the thick appliance is a good idea.  I am very impressed with the results, it leaves your skin full of moisture and feeling very plump and all around excellent.  A word of warning - this is definitely a nighttime product, as I can’t imagine makeup would sit too well on top of the moisture mask’s texture.

Overall I think this is brilliant - more like a heavy duty moisturiser than a face mask - but still brilliant.  For best results I’d recommend leaving it up to an hour before then applying your usual nightly skin regime, the more moisture the better!

Emma x

Unknown

LVNGLDN is the alias of Emma, a 20-something Irish law student living and working in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment